Esta web utiliza cookies para que podamos ofrecerte la mejor experiencia de usuario posible. La información de las cookies se almacena en tu navegador y realiza funciones tales como reconocerte cuando vuelves a nuestra web o ayudar a nuestro equipo a comprender qué secciones de la web encuentras más interesantes y útiles.
The Prince Felipe Research Center (CIPF) is currently recruiting an outstanding academic Veterinarian to direct our Research Vivarium. The CIPF, a modern institute in Valencia Spain, is expanding based on a five-year strategic plan aimed at positioning the center as an international leader in biomedical research. We are committed to improving human health through innovative research; we seek to discover and develop new treatments that can offer significant benefits for patients with unmet medical needs.
We are seeking a dynamic change agent to lead our large, state-of-the-art Animal Facility. The CIPF has outstanding biomedical researchers who work on a wide range of disease topics including cancer, diabetes, Alzheimer’s and rare diseases. This position will play a key role in guiding research teams in the development of experimental protocols and the implementation of the latest technology to pre-clinical models. For a veterinarian with a commitment to the highest standards of animal care and use, this is an exciting opportunity to join a mission-driven, collaborative team. The position is ideal for an experienced vet researcher looking to make an impact, advance our mission in biomedical research, and contribute to our institutional growth.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the CIPF vivarium
- Ensure facility and animal researcher compliance with all government regulations and guidelines
- Ensure animal researcher compliance with all company policies and procedures
- Implement and maintain training programs as needed
- Manage importation or purchase of specialized rodent strains for research
- Manage periodic microbiology analysis and health monitoring of CIPF colonies.
- Supervise the medical and surgical care of rodent models
- Work with the Animal Facility Commission to develop strategic plans and regulations
- Provide support to researchers for the correct development of animal care and use protocols that emphasize the 3 Rs and an ethical commitment
- Review experimental protocols to ensure conformance to accepted veterinary practices and regulations. Serves on Animal Welfare Committee
- Provide technical/surgical assistance to researchers when needed
- Supervise the preservation and rederivation of transgenic animal lines
- Liason with regional and national regulatory agencies on animal welfare and use and periodically assist course to update knowledge on animal legislation.
- Perform other related duties as assigned