Theoretical-Practical Blended Workshop
FLOW CYTOMETRY: Technical Bases
NOVEMBRE 6 - DECEMBER 1 2023. 2ND EDITION
Translational Research Joint Unit in Oncology and Tumor Immunology
PRECISION ONCOLOGY: FROM THE LABORATORY TO THE CLINIC
JUNE - DECEMBER 2023
1ST EDITION ACCREDITED BY THE CONTINUING TRAINING COMMISSION OF THE HEALTH PROFESSIONS WITH 9.3 CREDITS. ACCREDITATION PENDING IN 2ND EDITION
IN PERSON FROM NOVEMBER 27 TO DECEMBER 1, FROM 3:00 PM TO 7:00 PM IN THE CIPF.
The purpose of this program is to bring the reality of a translational research laboratory in Oncology closer to students in their final undergraduate/degree courses or to master’s students in Health Sciences from public universities, as well as to doctors in training. (MIR) of the specialty of Medical Oncology, to complete their training by carrying out laboratory practices. This is based on the conviction that in the current context of Oncology, a clinical practice of excellence is not conceivable without knowledge of the molecular bases of cancer, and without a diagnosis, prognosis and treatment based increasingly on molecular markers. of each patient.
The specific objectives of this program are described below:
• Participate in the sample collection process, maintaining the best conditions for their preservation and in accordance with the ethical requirements currently in force.
• Processing of different types of biological samples (fresh tissues, paraffin-embedded tissues, peripheral blood, platelets, serum, plasma): treatment and storage methods.
• Know the basis of the most used methodologies for the extraction, quantification and quality analysis of nucleic acids from different types of biological samples.
• Understand the bases of the most used cellular and molecular techniques: Immunohistochemistry, quantitative and digital PCR, Sequencing, Hybridization, Cell cultures (lines and primary cultures), Advanced microscopy techniques.
• Analyze the data generated in experiments and apply the appropriate statistical methods.
• Interpret molecular test results.
Alicia Martínez Romero
José Enrique O’Connor
Guadalupe Herrera Martín
Beatriz Jávega Martínez
Alberto Álvarez Barrientos
Jordi Petriz González