The terms and conditions indicated below (hereinafter policy, general conditions or conditions) regulate the access and use of the website www.cipf.es The owner of this website and service provider of the information society is the Foundation of the Valencian Community Prince Felipe Research Center (hereinafter CIPF), Non-profit Foundation with C.I.F. G-46/923421, whose domicile is located in C/ Eduardo Primo Yúfera, number 3, zip code 46012, Valencia (Spain) registered in the Registry of Foundations with Registration Number Reg. 91-Vf / s.
Within the expression “site or website” the data, texts, graphics, images, animations, musical creations, videos, sounds, drawings, photographs and others included therein are included, with delimitation but not limitation, and, in general, all creations expressed by any means or support, tangible or intangible regardless of whether they are susceptible or not of intellectual and industrial property in accordance with the applicable regulations in force.
Access to the site implies that the user acquires a series of rights and obligations, in order to guarantee the adequate enjoyment of the services and contents found therein and that CIPF makes available to the user free of charge or by way of consideration when so indicate.
A visiting user acknowledges that the access and use of services and content provided on the website is made under his or her sole and exclusive responsibility.
User’s status is acquired by virtue of accessing the website. The user will use the services and contents exclusively for private purposes, excluding any form of subsequent use thereof for profit or report of any benefit, direct or indirect.
CIPF informs the user of the following general conditions of use, which are understood as expressly and fully accepted by the latter simply by accessing the website, viewing its contents and / or using the services offered through it. If these general conditions were replaced by others in whole or in part, said new general conditions shall be deemed to be accepted in an identical manner to that set forth.
However, the user of the site must access these general conditions periodically to know the successive versions that are included here, although it is recommended that the user access them every time he intends to access or make use of the services and contents of the website.
In case the user does not accept these general conditions and / or, where appropriate, the particular conditions that regulate the use of a certain service and / or content offered through it, he must refrain from accessing the website.
The user must establish the appropriate technical security measures to avoid unwanted actions in his information system, files and computer equipment used to access the Internet and, especially, the website, being aware that the Internet is not completely secure .
Object of the website
By accessing the website, a user will be able to enjoy various content and services provided by CIPF or, as the case may be, by third-party providers on the conditions specified in this regard.
In general, the services and content offered through the website will be available in Spanish, without prejudice to the possibility – subject to CIPF – to offer them in the rest of the official regional languages, as well as in any other language spoken in the European Union or outside it.
CIPF may unilaterally modify, without prior notice, the provision, configuration, content and services of the site, as well as the conditions of use and access to the content offered and services provided. In each case, CIPF when appropriate, will warn of such changes in the corresponding general or particular conditions of use, as well as in other texts of the web.
Expenses related to access via telephone lines and other types of expenses related website connection shall be entirely assumed by the user.
User’s rights and obligations
The user will be able to:
- Access free of charge and without prior authorization to the contents and services of the site available as such, without prejudice to the technical conditions, particular or the need for prior registration regarding specific services and content intended for specific groups determined in your case CIPF, as established in these general conditions or in the particular conditions of said services.
- Use the services and contents available for its exclusive private use, without prejudice to the provisions of the particular conditions that regulate the use of a specific service and / or content intended for specific groups that may be determined by CIPF.
- The user may download one sole copy of the website for the purposes of “off-line” viewing for private and non-lucrative purposes.
- Engage in correct and lawful use of the website, in accordance with the effective legislation, moral standards, good business practices and public order.
Under no circumstances may the user:
- Access or use the services and contents of the site for illicit purposes, harmful to the rights and freedoms of third parties, or that may harm, damage or prevent, in any way, access to them, to the detriment of CIPF or third parties.
- Use the services, entirely or partially, for the purposes of promoting, selling, contracting, disclosing of advertisement or personal or third-party information without a prior written consent provided by CIPF.
- Insert the information onto the website or employ the existing services with the aim of attacking – directly or indirectly – the rights, and especially fundamental rights and public freedom of other website users or CIPF; which engage or promote undertaking of offensive, xenophobic, terroristic or degrading acts on the grounds of age, sex, religion or beliefs; of pornographic, obscene, violent nature which go against the law, moral standards or good business practices. For these purposes, information will be understood as inclusive of but limited to the following: text, graphics, images, videos, sounds, drawings, photographs, data, notes and other.
- Include hyperlinks to this website on private or business web pages, which are not only and exclusively limited to the homepage access.
- Use services and content offered through the website in the manner that is contrary to the general terms and conditions of use and/or specific terms and conditions of use that govern the use of certain services and/or content, in detriment or prejudice to the rights of other users.
- Undertake any actions that may impede or obstruct the access to the website to other users, as well as the hyperlinks to services and content offered by CIPFor third parties through this website.
- Use the website as a means of access to the Internet for the commission of illegal actions or contrary to current legislation, morals, good customs and public order.
- Employ any type of computer virus, code, software, computer program, computer or telecommunications equipment that may produce damages or unauthorized changes to the content, programs or systems available through the services or content provided on the website, or to the computer systems, files and computer equipment of its users; or the unauthorized access to any content and/or services provided on the website.
- Eliminate or modify in any way the protection or identification devices that may be placed by CIPF or any of its legitimate owners on the website, or the symbols which CIPF or its third-party legitimate rights owners may incorporate onto their products for the purposes of protecting the existing intellectual or industrial property rights of this website.
- Include, on the website under his or her control or ownership, the “metatags” corresponding to brand names, trade names or distinctive signs owned by CIPF.
- Entirely or partially reproduce this website as another website; introduce framing to this website or other websites accessible from the latter which covers or modifies – items that include but are not limited to – content, advertisement space and trademarks pertaining to CIPF or any third parties, regardless whether such may be understood as acts of unfair competition or consusion.
- Create frames on the website under his or her control or ownership that resemble the home page and/or pages accessible through the home page that pertain to this website without obtaining a prior authorization from CIPF.
- Include in a website of your responsibility or property a hyperlink that generates a window or session of the navigation software used by a user of your website, in which brands, commercial names or distinctive signs of your property are included and through which you show the main website and / or any of the pages accessible through it corresponding to this website without the prior authorization of CIPF.
- Use the trademark, business names, as well as any other identification signs that are subject to industrial or intellectual property rights without a prior authorization that is expressly provided in writing by the owner.
- Carry out any actions that involve reproduction, distribution, copying, renting, public communication,transformation of any other similar actions that lead to modifications or changes, entire or partial, of the content or services provided on the website,or the financial operations thereof, without a prior written authorization provided by CIPF or any third-party owner of intellectual or industrial property rights that apply to the services or content of the website, unless stipulated otherwise in general terms and conditions of use, or as the case may be, specific terms and conditions that govern the use of existing services and/or content of the website.
CIPF rights and obligations
CIPF reserves the following rights:
- Modify the conditions of access to the site, technical or not, unilaterally and without prior notice to users, without prejudice to the provisions of the particular conditions that regulate the use of a certain service and / or content intended for specific groups that in their case determine CIPF.
- Set forth specific terms and conditions and, as the case may be, establish the price and other requirements for the access to selected services and/or content.
- Limit, exclude or establish conditions for user access if they do not meet all guarantees of correct website usage, in accordance with agreed-upon obligations and prohibitions.
- End the provision of a service or supply of a content, notwithstanding the provisions of the particular conditions that regulate the use of a certain service and / or content intended for users of the website.
- Modify, eliminate or update, entirely or partially, the content or services offered through the website, without issuing a prior notification to the users, notwithstanding the stipulations of specific conditions that govern the use of certain services and/or content made available for the users of this website.
- Undertake any legal or judicial actions that may be deemed convenient for the protection of CIPF‘s rights as well as the rights of third parties that provide the services or content through the website, as long as it seems appropriate.
- Require any compensation that may correspond to it due to improper or illegal use of all or some services and content provided through the website.
CIPF may employ cookies when a user browses through the sites and pages of this website. Such cookies will be used by CIPF under the conditions and for the purposes described in its Cookies Policy.
Scope and limitations of CIPF’s responsibility
CIPF shall not be held liable for damages of any nature in the following cases:
- In case of impossibility or difficulties with connection to a communication network used for accessing this website, regardless of the connection type employed by the user.
- In case of interruption, suspension or cancellation of access to this website, as well as availability and continuous functioning of this website or services and/or content, due to reasons beyond CIPF‘s control, which may be directly or indirectly related to it.
- CIPF shall not assume any responsibility for the services and content, availability and conditions, technical or otherwise, and access to such, which are offered by third-party service providers, especially in regard to providers of informational services. The service providers of the information society shall be understood as those natural or legal persons that provide the following services to the public: (a) Transmission through a data communication network provided by the service recipient. (b) Access services to said network. (c) Storage services or data hosting. (d) Provision of content or information. (e) Temporary copy service of the data requested by users. (f) Facilitation of links to content or search tools.
- CIPF shall not assume, at any time, any responsibility for damages that may be caused by information, content, products or services, which include but are not limited to those provided, communicated, stored, transmitted, exhibited and offered by third parties other than CIPF – including the providers of informational services – through a website that me be accessed through an existing link on this website.
- Processing and subsequent use of personal data carried out by third parties other than CIPF, as well as for the pertinence of information requested by them.
- Quality and speed of website access and technical conditions that must be met by the users in order to access the website and the provided services and/or content.
- CIPF will not be responsible for delays or failures that may occur in the access and / or operation of the services and / or contents of the website, due to a case of Force Majeure.
- Website’s user shall be personally liable for damages of any nature directly or indirectly caused to CIPF due to a breach of any obligations arising from these general terms and conditions and other regulations applicable to the use of this website.
Intellectual and industrial property
The user acknowledges that the content and services offered through the website, including but not limited to texts, graphics, images, animation, musical compositions, videos, sounds, drawings, photos, all comments, exhibits and html code shall be protected by the laws on intellectual and industrial property. Copyright and rights of economic operations of this website shall correspond to CIPF and or third-party entities.
Trademarks, business names or distinctive signs that appear on the website are property of CIPF or, as the case may be, third-party entities, and they are protected by the effective legislation applicable to industrial property.
Provision of services and publishing of content at the website shall not imply, under any circumstances, termination, waiver or transfer, entire or partial, of the ownership of the corresponding industrial and intellectual property rights by CIPF and/or third-party legitimate owners.
Under no circumstances may the user use the existing website services and content for the purposes other than strictly private use, except for clearly defined exceptions stipulated in the general terms and conditions of website use or specific conditions set forth by CIPF for the purposes of managing the use of certain services and/or content offered through the website.
No part of this Website may be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, copied, communicated publicly, transformed, in whole or in part by any manual, electronic or mechanical system or method (including photocopying, recording or any system of recovery and storage of information) through any support currently known or that is invented in the future, without written authorization from the Owner or, where appropriate, from legitimate third-party owners. The use, under any modality, of all or part of the content of the site is subject to the need to request prior authorization from CIPF and / or legitimate third parties and the acceptance of the corresponding license, where appropriate, except for the provisions in respect of the rights recognized and granted to the user in these general conditions or what is determined in the particular conditions that CIPF has to establish to regulate the use of a certain service and / or content offered through the website.
If breaching actions and omissions or negligence is directly or indirectly attributable to the website user who violates intellectual or industrial property rights of CIPF or third parties – regardless of whether he or she has received any profit – thus causing CIPF to incur any damages, losses, joint and several liabilities, expenses of any nature, penalties, corrective measures, fines and other amounts arising from or derived from any claims, actions, lawsuits or proceedings of civil, criminal or administrative nature, CIPF shall have a right to employ any legal measures available to it and to seek remedy from the user by claiming any amount of settlement, including but not limited to moral damages and damages to the image, incurred damages and lost profits, advertisement and expenses incurred while remedying such damages, amounts of penalties or condemnatory rulings, past due interest, costs of financing all amounts that may imposed on CIPF, legal expenses and attorney’s fees in any proceeding to which CIPF may be a respondent due to the aforementioned reasons, for damages incurred due to such acts and omissions, notwithstanding any other rights that may correspond to it by law.
The use of hyperlinks to this website can only be done as long as the hyperlink is made in the following terms provided in these conditions:
- The link must only allow access to the website’s home page.
- For the purposes of avoiding any confusion, website users are prohibited from loading any pages pertaining to the website in one of the sections of another web page divided into frames, in such as way as to provoke a distortion in the presentation of this website, thus inducing the confusion of Internet users (“framing”).
- The possibility of inserting a link does not presuppose, in any case, a consent to reproduce the visual and functional aspects (“look and feel”) of this website.
- Likewise, it is expressly prohibited to create an environment or a navigation bar in relation to the pages of this website without obtaining a prior authorization.
- Aspect of the link: the hyperlink may only consist of one text. For the use of graphics or logos, a license to use the CIPF graphics or logos must be obtained in advance. In any case, the text must expressly state that it links to this website. In general, the appearance, visual effect, location and, in general, the characteristics of the hyperlink must show that it leads to the CIPF website and that it is independent and not linked by a relationship, or collaboration, association, sponsorship, labor or any other type, to the website that contains the hyperlink.
- Any webpage that contains a hyperlink to CIPF‘s webpage must strictly adhere to the General Terms and Conditions of Use for this website, have legitimate hyperlinks and meet any other applicable legal dispositions and generally accepted requirements of moral standards and good business practices.
- Authorization for inserting hyperlinks to this website will be especially contingent in regard to human dignity and freedom. The website hosting a hyperlink shall not contain illegal information or content, placed in conflict of moral standards, good business practices and the public order, and it will not have any content that violates any third-party rights.
- Lastly, it shall be prohibited to insert hyperlinks to this website into the web pages, which content, alignment and orientation is contrary or incompatible with the values displayed at CIPF‘s website
Protection of personal data
CIPF guarantees the confidentiality of personal data provided by users and their treatment in accordance with current legislation on protection of personal data: Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of April 27, 2016 concerning the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and the free movement of these data and repealing Directive 95/46 / EC (hereinafter GDPR), the Organic Law on Data Protection and Guarantee of Digital Rights (LOPDGDD) and other regulations in force in the matter.
In general, access, content and services offered through the website shall be of unlimited duration. Nevertheless, CIPF shall be authorized to terminate or suspend the access, services and/or content of the website at any time, notwithstanding the stipulations contained in this regard in the General Terms and Conditions of Use or, as the case may be, Specific Terms and Conditions that govern the use of the specific services and/or content made available to website users.
These general conditions and the particular ones that may be established for specific services, contain all the conditions established by the CIPF and agreed between it and the user for the use of this site in relation to the object of the same and will be considered as nonexistent any statements , commitments or promises, verbal, written or implied, prior to these conditions in relation to the object thereof.
The fact that CIPF does not request at any particular moment the compliance with any of stipulations set forth in these general terms and conditions or, as the case may be, in specific terms and conditions that govern the use of a certain services and/or content provided to website users may not be interpreted by a user as a waiver of requiring such compliance at a later moment.
Nullity and voidability
If any clause of these general terms and conditions or, as the case may be, specific terms and conditions that govern the use of certain services and/or content becomes voidable or void, entirely or partially, it will not affect the validity of other clauses of these terms and conditions, which shall remain fully effective and valid, except when the party that alleges that such clause is voidable or void is able to prove that the purpose of these Terms and Conditions may not be met unless the clause is pronounced voidable or void.
These general terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of Spain.
The parties, expressly waiving their own jurisdiction, submit for the resolution of how many disputes may be referred to the Courts and Tribunals of Valencia Capital.