Researcher R2 - R2.01/2021
Perform research tasks corresponding to the research project funded by the grant PROMETEO/2018/051. Some of the tasks include:
Analysis of the alterations in the content or localization of proteins and in the levels of neurotransmitters and metabolites. This includes:
- Obtaining serum and plasma from blood samples.
- Isolation of peripheral mononuclear cells (PBMCs) from blood
- Determination of interleukins.
- Protein analysis using Western blot techniques, immunoprecipitation ...
- Analysis of the content and cellular and subcellular localization of proteins in brain and liver using histology, immunohistochemistry, confocal and optical microscopy and image analysis techniques
- Use of HPLC-MS: determination of metabolites, neurotransmitters and other compounds.
- Determination of ammonium levels in blood.
Isolation of extracellular vesicles and analysis of the proteins, microRNAs and mRNAs content
Study of the immunophenotype in blood cells.
Study of cognitive and motor function in rats
Drafting of manuscripts.
Use of data analysis and data representation programs: SPSS, excel, GraphPad Prism. It will perform correlation analysis, ANOVA, ANCOVA, logistic regressions, sensitivity and specificity analysis, ROC curves...